[escepticos] **consulta, maíz trangénico

Sucedaneo casisucedaneo en gmail.com
Mie Feb 17 03:32:11 WET 2010

() He leído en otra lista que un artículo publicado en una revista
científica (*) dice haber encontrado evidencia de que habría, por
llamarla de alguna manera, toxicidad asociada a 3 tipos de maíz
transgénico [también es curioso que los datos originales sean de
Monsanto y hayan sido procesados después de un proceso judicial]

Una gugleada rápida muestra que el artículo de marras es reproducido y
glosado en casi todas las páginas que "ya estaban contra" los OGM
alimentarios lo que no es raro y por supuesto no es prueba de su
falsedad ;-); sabiendo que por aquí hay quien puede dar una opinión
fundada o en su caso orientar dónde conseguirla pues va la consulta,
¿qué hay de cierto?

Saludos y desde ya gracias
()

(*) http://www.biolsci.org/v05p0706.htm

"Abstract:
We present for the first time a comparative analysis of blood and
organ system data from trials with rats fed three main commercialized
genetically modified (GM) maize (NK 603, MON 810, MON 863), which are
present in food and feed in the world. NK 603 has been modified to be
tolerant to the broad spectrum herbicide Roundup and thus contains
residues of this formulation. MON 810 and MON 863 are engineered to
synthesize two different Bt toxins used as insecticides. Approximately
60 different biochemical parameters were classified per organ and
measured in serum and urine after 5 and 14 weeks of feeding. GM
maize-fed rats were compared first to their respective isogenic or
parental non-GM equivalent control groups. This was followed by
comparison to six reference groups, which had consumed various other
non-GM maize varieties. We applied nonparametric methods, including
multiple pairwise comparisons with a False Discovery Rate approach.
Principal Component Analysis allowed the investigation of scattering
of different factors (sex, weeks of feeding, diet, dose and group).
Our analysis clearly reveals for the 3 GMOs new side effects linked
with GM maize consumption, which were sex- and often dose-dependent.
Effects were mostly associated with the kidney and liver, the dietary
detoxifying organs, although different between the 3 GMOs. Other
effects were also noticed in the heart, adrenal glands, spleen and
haematopoietic system. We conclude that these data highlight signs of
hepatorenal toxicity, possibly due to the new pesticides specific to
each GM corn. In addition, unintended direct or indirect metabolic
consequences of the genetic modification cannot be excluded.