Re: [escepticos] Artículo en revista científica sobre percepción extrasensorial

Pedro J. Hdez phergont en gmail.com
Sab Ene 8 16:39:57 WET 2011

Bob Park como siempre cachondo pero rotundo

3. ESP: THIS IS ABOUT THE LAST THING SCIENCE NEEDED.
Four years ago when the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research lab (PEAR)
closed its doors after 28 years, scientists saw the closing as a sign of
progress. The public had lost interest in the make-believe science of ESP.
Not a single accomplishment marks the existence of the world's most famous
ESP laboratory. ESP today exists only in second-rate science fiction.
That's where it belongs. However, according to an article by Benedict Carey
on the front page of yesterday's New York Times, a respected psychology
journal plans to publish a paper described by the author as "strong
evidence for extrasensory perception."  How strong?  Extraordinary claims,
it is often said, require extraordinary evidence.  Any evidence of ESP
would qualify as extraordinary today.  I have not yet seen the paper, but I
have gone through the exercise of trying to imagine evidence for ESP I
would find persuasive.  I couldn't even come close.

saludos

Pedro J.

--
Pedro J. Hernández