Re: [escepticos] Artículo en revista científica sobre percepción extrasensorial

Carlos Dominguez neuroglia.esceptica en gmail.com
Vie Ene 7 17:55:12 WET 2011

Douglas Hofstadter (el autor de Gödel, Escher, Bach:una eterno bucle
dorado"), a propósito del paper mencionado , escribe un artículo de
opinión en el NYT criticando duramente que los journals científicos
publiquen "investigaciones ESP".
"...then all bets would be off about the laws of physics, for the laws
of physics are simply not compatible with such a finding.
This is essentially what is happening in the case of Professor Bem's
article. If any of his claims were true, then all of the bases
underlying contemporary science would be toppled, and we would have to
rethink everything about the nature of the universe. For that reason,
publishing an article like this is a very serious act, and it reveals
that the editors are unlikely to have understood what the implications
of such an article are."

El artículo completo:
http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2011/01/06/the-esp-study-when-science-goes-psychic/a-cutoff-for-craziness

Saludetes