Re: [escepticos] Ya están aquí. Get Expelled - The Movie -

PsykoMartuky morkarn en gmail.com
Lun Mar 10 13:33:07 WET 2008

Sacado de wikipedia:

The movie has been criticized by several of the interviewees, including
biologists <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biologist> PZ
Myers<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZ_Myers>and Richard
Dawkins <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Dawkins>[46]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-24>and
NCSE <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCSE> head Eugenie
Scott<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenie_Scott>,
who say they were misled into participating by being asked to be interviewed
for a film named *Crossroads* on the "intersection of science and religion",
with a blurb <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blurb>[47]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-25>which
described the strong support that had been accumulated for evolution,
and contrasted this with the religious who rejected it, and the controversy
this caused.[48]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-star>
[49]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-26>
[50]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-27>

On learning of the pro-intelligent design stance of the real film, Myers
said "not telling one of the sides in a debate about what the subject might
be and then leading him around randomly to various topics, with the intent
of later editing it down to the parts that just make the points you want, is
the video version of
quote-mining<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quote-mining>and is
fundamentally dishonest."
[48]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-star>Richard
Dawkins said "At no time was I given the slightest clue that these
people were a creationist front"; and Eugenie Scott, of the National Center
for Science Education<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Center_for_Science_Education>,
said "I just expect people to be honest with me, and they
weren't."[1]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-nyt>

Mark Mathis (one of the film's producers who set up the interviews for *
Expelled*) called Myers, Dawkins and Scott a "bunch of hypocrites" and said
that he "went over all of the questions with these folks before the
interviews and I e-mailed the questions to many of them days in advance".
[51]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-Lifesite>
[52]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-28>The
film's proponents point out that Dawkins participated in the
BBC <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC>
Horizon<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon_%28BBC_TV_series%29>documentary
"A
War on Science <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_War_on_Science>", whose
producers they allege presented themselves to the Discovery Institute as
objective filmmakers and then portrayed the organization as
religiously-motivated and
anti-scientific.[51]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-Lifesite>
[53]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-29>
[54]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-30>

Roy Speckhardt <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Speckhardt>, executive
director of the American Humanist
Association<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Humanist_Association>wrote
a letter
to the editor <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_to_the_editor> of the New
York Times September 27, 2007 complaining about the deception. Speckhardt
wrote, "If one needs to believe in a god to be moral, why are we seeing yet
another case of dishonesty by the devout? Why were leading scientists
deceived as to the intentions of a religious group of
filmmakers?"[55]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-31>

Defending the movie, the producer, Walt Ruloff, said that scientists like
prominent geneticist Francis
Collins<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Collins_%28geneticist%29>keep
their religion and science separate only because they are "toeing the
party line". Collins, who was not asked to be interviewed for the film in
any of its incarnations, said that Ruloff's claims were
"ludicrous".[1]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed#_note-nyt>

--
"And now here is my secret, a very simple secret;
it is only with the heart that one can see rightly,