[escepticos] sciencehack

sucedaneo casisucedaneo en gmail.com
Mar Oct 16 23:05:46 WEST 2007

Rubén Villoria escribió:
> hola, me acaban de mandar esto, me temo que no tengo tiempo ni para
> mirarlo con tranquilidad. Quizá merezca la pena.
> http://sciencehack.com/
>  ScienceHack es un sitio con aspecto webdosceriano que se dedica a
> recopilar vídeos de diversas fuentes, todos ellos relacionados con temas
> científicos y tecnológicos. Se clasifican por categorías y se etiquetan,
> de modo que son fáciles de encontrar.

() entre la publicidad que acompaña cada página de presentación me llamó
la atención esta: http://tinyurl.com/2ywse4 acompañada del, para mi,
sugestivo texto "Future Human Evolution Eugenics in the 21st Century"

Saludos
()

PD: del encabezado de la página del enlace:

"Executive Summary

The Most Widely Read Book On Eugenics Ever Written

Evolutionary selection has been radically relaxed in the human species
as a result of the development of civilization, science in general, and
medicine in particular. While these advances have hugely benefited
current populations, they have to a significant degree released the
species from the biological process which created it and maintains its
viability. Formerly, natural selection took place largely as a result of
differential mortality, but now that most people survive well beyond
their child bearing years, selection is determined largely by
differential fertility. Aside from genetic illnesses, this new selection
is also characterized by a negative correlation between fertility and
intelligence–the core of eugenic concern for over a century.

Eugenics views itself as the fourth leg of the chair of civilization,
the other three being a) a thrifty expenditure of natural resources, b)
mitigation of environmental pollution, and c) maintenance of a human
population not exceeding the planet’s carrying capacity. Eugenics, which
can be thought of as human ecology, is thus part and parcel of the
environmental movement. Humanity is defined, not as the totality of the
currently living population, but as the number of people who will
potentially ever live. This is a book about the struggle for human
rights and parental responsibility."