Re: [escepticos] Puta vergüenza.

Pedro J. Hdez phergont en gmail.com
Jue Dic 12 12:07:24 WET 2013

Una comparación con 1910 [
http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2013/12/service-industryworkerslaborinequality.html
]

the 2013 minimum-wage cook is much worse off than the 1910 cook. Here’s
why:

   - The 1910 cook earned tax-free pay, while 2013 cook pays 7.65 percent
   of his or her income in Social Security taxes as well as income taxes on
   more than a third of his pay, assuming full-time work every week of the
   year. For a single person, that’s about $29 of that $55 raise deducted for
   taxes.

   - Unless he can walk to work, today’s outsourced family cook must cover
   commuting costs. A monthly transit pass costs $75 in Los Angeles, $95 in
   Atlanta and $112 in New York City, so bus fare alone runs $17 to $27 a
   week, eating up a third to almost half of the seeming increase in pay,
   making the apparent raise pretty much vanish.

   - The 1910 cook got room and board, while the 2013 cook must provide his
   or her own living space and food.

--
Pedro J. Hernández
http://gplus.to/pedroj