Re: [escepticos] Gráfico llamativo

Adrián Núñez Ferdmann foros en adriannunez.com
Vie Ene 21 18:26:33 WET 2011

> El día 21 de enero de 2011 18:51, GMAIL (J.Luis)
> <caminoiluvatar en gmail.com> escribió:
>> Muchas cosas tienden a ser tópicos. Parece que cualquier ideal tiene que
>> estar fomentado en una derecha o en una izquierda, creo que habría que abrir
>> más el campo del pensamiento idealista para formar un esquema que represente
>> a todos. Una vez creo que vi un esquema con tres ejes que intentaba
>> representarlo y me gustó mas que la siempre linea recta con tendencias
>> ultras y centristas.
>>
>> Solo por citar un ejemplo, el pensamiento ecologista, en este caso no
>> estaría representado por ninguna tendencia, y es que no tiene porque
>> estarlo. Como algunos tópicos que salen desvirtuados, tampoco son mera
>> representación de una tendencia única.

Hola

Esto lo explica el mismo autor acá:
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/2009/left-vs-right/

"
Of course, the political spectrum is not quite so polarised. Actually,
it’s more of a diamond shape, apparently. But this is how it’s mostly
presented via the media – left wing vs. right wing, liberal vs.
conservative, Labour vs Tory. And perhaps in our minds too…

Well, certainly in my mind. Researching this showed me that, despite
my inevitable journalistic lean to the ‘left’, I am actually a bit
more ‘right’ than I suspected.

This kind of visual approach to mapping concepts really excites me. I
like the way it coaxes me to entertain two apparently contradictory
value systems at the same time. Or, in other words, I like the way it
f**ks with my head.

I’ve got a few more of these coming from my book. They do a similar
act of mind-flossing. Stay tuned.

Oh and if there’s enough demand, we’re going to do a signed, limited
edition poster run of this image before Christmas. Email
informationisbeautiful [at] gmail [dot] com if you’re interested

design notes
The original design concept was “something like a rosette”. But
Stefanie did an amazing job taking it way further.

(I’ll be doing a ‘Great Visualizers’ piece on her in the future. But
you can see some of her work here: itsbeenreal.co.uk. My particular
favourite are her literary organisms. Truly beautiful and very
informational. Yum.)

There are two versions with different colours: a US and a World
version. This is because the US and Switzerland are the only countries
in the world where red = right wing and blue = left wing. Grrr!

Saludos,
Adrián