[escepticos] Electromagnetic fields stress living cells.

Daurmith daurmith en daurmith.com
Lun Mar 30 17:30:00 WEST 2009

No es por dar de comer al troll, pero esto me ha parecido curioso.
Estaba buscando más publicaciones del tal Goodman y he encontrado esto:

 J Cell Physiol. 2008 Sep;216(3):816-23

Myocardial function improved by electromagnetic field induction of
stress protein hsp70.
George I, Geddis MS, Lill Z, Lin H, Gomez T, Blank M, Oz MC, Goodman R.

Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Columbia
University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032,
USA.

Studies on myocardial function have shown that hsp70, stimulated by an
increase in temperature, leads to improved survival following
ischemia-reperfusion (I-R). Low frequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs)
also induce the stress protein hsp70, but without elevating temperature.
We have examined the hemodynamic changes in concert with EMF
pre-conditioning and the induction of hsp70 to determine whether
improved myocardial function occurs following I-R injury in
Sprague-Dawley rats. Animals were exposed to EMF (60 Hz, 8 microT) for
30 min prior to I-R. Ischemia was then induced by ligation of left
anterior descending coronary artery (LAD) for 30 min, followed by 30 min
of reperfusion. Blood and heart tissue levels for hsp70 were determined
by Western blot and RNA transcription by rtPCR. Significant upregulation
of the HSP70 gene and increased hsp70 levels were measured in response
to EMF pre-exposures. Invasive hemodynamics, as measured using a volume
conductance catheter, demonstrated significant recovery of systolic
contractile function after 30 min of reperfusion following EMF exposure.
Additionally, isovolemic relaxation, a measure of ventricular diastolic
function, was markedly improved in EMF-treated animals. In conclusion,
non-invasive EMF induction of hsp70 preserved myocardial function and
has the potential to improve tolerance to ischemic injury.

---

Todavía no me he leído ambos artículos, pero tiene guasa la cosa, te
hace pensar algo así como "A ver, ¿en qué quedamos?".

Adela

--
La Biblioteca de Babel
http://daurmith.blogalia.com