[escepticos] Problema de escepticismo aplicado

Pedro J. Hdez phergont en gmail.com
Jue Ene 29 18:59:33 WET 2009

Como la lista está algo muda, venga, un pequeño ejercicio. A
continuación un abstract que me acaba de llegar por correo.
¿Por qué leyendo sólo el abstract --y asumiendo que no conociera de lo
que hablan-- estoy seguro de que las conclusiones del autor no están
siendo neutrales como afirma al final.

An "exotic" idea proposed by Viktor Ambartsumian was that new galaxies are
formed through the ejection from older active galaxies. Galaxies beget
galaxies, instead of the standard scenario in which galaxies stem from the
evolution of the seeds derived from fluctuations in the initial density field.
This idea is in some way contained in the speculative proposal that some or all
QSOs might be objects ejected by nearby galaxies, and that their redshift is
not cosmological (Arp, G./M. Burbidge and others).
 I will discuss some of the arguments for and against this scenario; in
particular, I shall talk about the existence of real physical connections in
apparently discordant QSO-galaxy redshift associations. On the one hand, there
are many statistical correlations of high-redshift QSOs and nearby galaxies
that cannot yet be explained in terms of gravitational lensing, biases, or
selection effects; and some particular configurations have very low
probabilities of being a projection of background objects. Our understanding of
QSOs in general is also far from complete. On the other hand, some cases which
were claimed to be anomalous in the past have found an explanation in standard
terms. As an example, I will show some cases of our own research into this
type: statistics of ULXs around nearby galaxies, and the Flesch & Hardcastle
candidate QSOs catalog analysis. My own conclusion is neutral.

saludos

--
Pedro J. Hdez
Ecos del futuro