[escepticos] los limites del debate cientifico

Carlos Ungil carlos.ungil en bluewin.ch
Lun Oct 22 00:08:23 WEST 2007

Por si alguien llegara a leer lo anterior, me deje de poner las
causas por las que el Dr. Reiter abandono el IPCC:

>   IPCC THIRD ASSESSMENT REPORT, WORKING GROUP II. CHAPTER 18. HUMAN
> POPULATION HEALTH
>
>   The third assessment report listed more than 65 lead authors,
> only one of which—a colleague of mine—was an established authority
> on vector-borne disease. I was invited to serve a contributory
> author on the health chapter
My colleague and I repeatedly found ourselves at loggerheads with
persons who insisted on making authoritative pronouncements, although
they had little or no knowledge of our speciality. At the time, we
were experiencing similar frustration as Lead Authors of Health
Section of the US National Assessment of the Potential Consequences
of Climate Variability and Change (US Global Change Research
Program). After much effort and many fruitless discussions, I decided
to concentrate on the USGCCRP and resigned from the IPCC project.