[escepticos] Las matematicas no describen el Universo, son el Universo

Ramon Diaz-Alersi ramon.diazalersi en gmail.com
Mar Dic 18 19:23:38 WET 2007

2007/12/18, Víctor R. Ruiz <rvr en infoastro.com>:
>   Hola:
>
> 2007/12/18, Ramon Diaz-Alersi <ramon.diazalersi en gmail.com>:
> > "Everything in our world is purely mathematical — including you," he
> > wrote in New Scientist.
>
>   Paul Davies vino a sugerir más o menos lo mismo en su charla de
> Beyond Belief 2006.

Lo cita el artículo:

Apparently it does matter, judging from the reaction to a recent
article by Paul Davies, a cosmologist at Arizona State University and
author of popular science books, on the Op-Ed page of The New York
Times.

Dr. Davies asserted in the article that science, not unlike religion,
rested on faith, not in God but in the idea of an orderly universe.
Without that presumption a scientist could not function. His argument
provoked an avalanche of blog commentary, articles on Edge.org and
letters to The Times, pointing out that the order we perceive in
nature has been explored and tested for more than 2,000 years by
observation and experimentation. That order is precisely the
hypothesis that the scientific enterprise is engaged in testing.

Saludos.

--
Ramón Díaz-Alersi